Friday, February 1, 2008

Born to Swim-The YMCA Rocks!

I am so grateful to be back in the pool. We have been swimming everynight at the new YMCA down the street from our house and it feels wonderful. We love the YMCA, all three of us head out after dinner for a dip. Michael is a little fish, he is diving in and swimming great. I love the look of pure joy on his face as he masters swimming farther and farther on his own. We usually end the swim-a-thon with Bourke showing us how far he can swim one breath. It's impressive. After swimming we shower and Michael heads home in his pajamas. Oftentimes, Mom goes with me and coaches me along the way as she has done with such love for many years. Everyone there loves her and says "Hi Mom" as she walks by.

There is a spirit there that I love, diversity, acceptance, love, hope and sharing. I saw this on the bullentin board today and it moved me, just what I needed to hear. Love..

Now I am the word....
I will LEAD, not follow
I will BELIEVE, not doubt
I will CREATE, not destroy
I am the ONE for GOOD
I am a LEADER
I defy the ODDS
I set the NEW STANDARD
Step-Up, Step-Up, Step-Up

No comments: